Happy Easter everyone!
As promised (admittedly a few months ago), www.bromtononswalehistory.com is running a photographic competition. The intention is that the winning 12 photographs will form a 2023 calendar to go on sale in the run up to Christmas, although this will depend on some sponsors coming forward to help cover printing costs (details of sponsorship packages will be released in the next few weeks),
As well as seeing your photographs in print (hopefully!), there will be two additional prizes of gift cards to the value of £25. One for the best photograph by a person aged UNDER 16 years of age (on 1st Oct 2022) and for the best photograph by a person aged 16 or older. Plus, I am hoping sponsors might also offer some prizes (watch this space).
The rules (we have to have some), are below. Apart from that - good luck and tell all your friends to get snapping!
1. Entrants must be the person who took the photograph - it must be your original work
2. Entrants must not infringe the copyright, trademark or privacy of any other third party.
3. Photographs must be taken within 3.5km (2.17 miles) of the junction of Bridge Road and Station Road (see Map below - the circle bounded approximately by Scorton in the East, Easby Abbey in the West, Tunstall Road Farm in the South, and the junction of Scurragh Lane with the A6055 in the North).
3. Each individual entrant may submit no more than TWO entries.
4. Entries must be submitted by email to email@example.com and should include
a) Name of Entrant
b) Age Category of Entrant "Under 16" or "Over 16" (on 1st Oct 2022)
c) Email address of Entrant
d) Photograph (JPEG, GIF or PNG format)
e) Location of Photograph (maybe included in electronic form (EXIF data) or a description
5. Photographs should be in colour and in their original state and must not include added, reversed or distorted elements.
6. By submitting a photograph to the competition, you allow BromptonOnSwaleHistory.com to publish it on its web site and to use it royalty free, in any form it wishes, including in a printed calendar that may be published at a later date.
7. To be included in the calendar, entries must be of sufficient quality (ideally landscape format and a minimum of 300dpi and 3500x2500 pixels) and in either JPEG, GIF or PNG format.
8. The judgement of winners will be determined by BromptonOnSwaleHistory.com and that judgement will be final.
9. The closing date for entries is midnight on 30th September 2022.
10. Winners will be announced by 31st October 2022.